CarryMe: front rack screw specification?

For discussion of the Pacific Cycles Carry-Me and Carry-All.

CarryMe: front rack screw specification?

Postby kameraguy on Sat Aug 13, 2011 9:41 pm

Hi All,

I just received my CarryMe DS and it came with the rear rack (no extension), but no front rack. I have no idea if this is normal, but from what i read online, it seems these bikes were shipped with different accessories at different times of sale. I think mine is a 2010 model (grey).

I would like to utilize the front bracket for a DIY rack. But I am not certain what type of screws are required for the mounting location. I could not find the screw specification online which doesn't suprise me as I bet this is not a common point of discussion.

Curious if anyone has an idea? Especially the thread pitch. I can try to bring my bike to the HW store as worse case.

Thank you!
kameraguy

Re: CarryMe: front rack screw specification?

Postby Amuro Lee on Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:57 pm

The front rack of CarryMe is sold seperately for US$55. ;)

Image Image Image

Why don't you just order one from your local dealer? :mrgreen:
Amuro Lee

Postby kameraguy on Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:36 am

Thanks Amuro, unfortunately I haven't found a "local" dealer. But I'll try where I bought my bike and see if they have this in stock. $55 sounds quite steep for the size though :(
kameraguy

Postby kameraguy on Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:05 am

I ended up taking my CarryMe to the local hardware store and confirmed the correct screws are 5mm metric. The screws will require some threadlock for a snug fit.

Hopefully this weekend will allow some time to play around and see what I can make.
kameraguy

Return to CarryMe & CarryAll by Pacific Cycles